Back Pain Management
Back pain is one of the main reasons for absence from work and for seeking medical treatment. This type of ache can result from activity, injury, and some medical conditions.
It can be uncomfortable and can affect people of any age for different reasons. The chance of developing this kind of ache increases as people get older because of previous occupation and degenerative disk disease.
It can be linked to the discs between the vertebrae, spinal cord and nerves, lower side muscles, ligaments around the spine, abdominal and pelvic internal organs, the skin around the lumbar area, and bony lumbar spine.
It could also be due to disorders of the aorta, spine, and tumors in the chest.
Nowadays, everyone experience backs pain at some point in their lives. It could vary from mild to serve, short-lived, or long-lasting. As it happens, it makes everyday activities difficult to do. It enables us to participate in our daily activities, thus making us more stressed about our work.
It can be categorized into two types –
1. Acute – where ache starts suddenly and lasts up to 6 weeks.
2. Chronic or long-term – when ache develops over a more extended period for about 3 months or more, causing ongoing problems.
Cause of Back Pain –
Different injuries, diseases, and conditions can cause back pain. Some of them are –
1. Fractures – During an accident like a car crash or a fall, the bones in the spine can break. These types of conditions increase the risk of fractures.
2. Structural problems – Spinal Stenosis happens when the spinal column is too narrow for the spinal cord, and it can cause severe sciatic nerve and ache. Scoliosis, also known as curvature of the spine, can lead to difficulty in moving and stiffness, causing aches. Sitting inappropriately for long hours in front of the screen also leads to significant issues.
3. Disk problems – Disk work as the vertebrae cushion and can bulge from their position in the spine and press on a nerve. With the growing of age, disks offer less protection (degenerative disk disease) and can get flatter.
4. Strains and sprains – These are the most common reasons for back pain. It causes injury in muscles, tendons, and ligaments by lifting something too heavy or not lifting safely. Some people even experience sprains by coughing, twisting, sneezing, or bending over.
5. Arthritis – Osteoarthritis is one of the most common types of Arthritis caused due to lower side. Ankylosing Spondylitis could cause inflammation, stiffness in the spine, and ache. It can cause in other parts too, such as joints in the hip, etc.
Everything can be prevented, including this type of discomfort. As we all know, we cannot avoid the normal wear and tear that goes along with aging, but we can do things to lessen the impact of this problem. We should adopt a healthy living lifestyle.
We should start paying attention to our posture of sitting, walking, etc., which could help reduce the ache. We should start sleeping well and watch our weight and manage it accordingly.
The factors which are linked to a higher risk are as follows –
2. Occupational activities
3. Older age
4. Poor physical fitness
6. Genetic factors
7. Excess weight
This tends to be more common in women as compared to men, possibly due to hormonal factors. Mood disorders, anxiety, and stress have also been linked to them. The most common symptom is an ache in the back and sometimes down to the buttocks and legs. Some causes hurt in other parts of the body, too, depending on the nerves affected.
When to see a doctor?
You should see a doctor if it occurs with any of the following –
2. Weight loss
3. Inflammation or swelling
4. Ache in legs
6. Difficulty in urination
7. Chronic pain, where resting or lying down does not help.
This can be cured in any way, depending upon the type of situation and discomfort. It can be categorized into three – medications, physical medicine, and surgery.
1. Medications – Any medicine given by the doctor can help relieve the discomfort. Some of the medicines include Muscle relaxers, Steroids, Non – steroidal Anti Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs), and Acetaminophen.
2. Physical Medicine – Medications and physical treatment of phone provide relief enough to enable you to do everything you want to do. This could include physical therapy, braces, traction, manipulation therapy, or other exercise-based programs.
3. Surgeries – are performed when there is an emergency and the discomfort cannot be treated with any non-surgical treatment. Some of the surgeries performed to heal are Spinal Fusion, Discectomy, Disk Replacement, Laminectomy, and Vertebroplasty.
You should always consult with a good doctor about your health and take their suggestion to decide on surgery. They perfectly guide you and will provide you with a proper solution to your problems.
In search of such a doctor?
Hello, I am Dr. Amith Shetty, an Joint Replacement and Orthopaedic Surgeon and the best doctor for Back Pain in Bangalore. I have a specialty in treating and diagnosing Orthopedic problems like Arthritis, fractures, backache, tendons, ligaments, nerve problems, and muscles.
With the experience of more than 11 years, from children to elderly adults, I am very keen on my work and dealing with patients with problems related to joints and bones. I have treated small children and adults very safely and have provided immense support to them.
Back pain doctor in Bangalore.
Our high-quality staff will provide you with 100% support 24/7. Our specialists assure you the protection you need in your hard time.
You are free to ask about your problems and their solutions. Book a consultant session with me, and I will examine your area and provide and suggest to you the best procedures regarding it. Here I’m one of the best Back Pain Doctor in Bangalore. You can contact us anytime as our members are 24/7 online.
One can contact us on the mobile number given or through WhatsApp by click here. Feel free to share up your problems and start leading a healthy life!